Friday, October 12, 2012




 Review
      
    Okay so now that you are mentally traumatized for life, I will tell you what I thought about the Bong Chong Bong Ghost.
   
    The first time I heard about the Bong Chong Bong Ghost was when I scrolled down to see if any other YouTube videos were worth my last couple of minutes before midnight (best time for me to be watching scary things). I was all alone and feeling pretty confident that nothing could scare me. Then I saw the tittle “[SCARY] bong chong dong ghost lets play playthrough walkthrough” I was thinking  “oh cool Pewdiepie is doing something epically scary :3 lets watch it” (huge mistake).

    It starts out with a warning that sounds bizarre for a comic. Such as not for pregnant woman the elderly or those with serious medical conditions. But that couldn’t faze me. I was going to watch that ghost comic thingy. But when I saw the weird lady for the first time it was just utterly disturbing. I mean her body looked mangled and twisted and that kind bugged me. Up till that point everything was great. Just a shot of the creepy looking lady, back to the girl walking home from school at 11:20 PM. Back to the creepy lady, to the girl walking home from school*yawn*. Back to the creepy lady again oh, the view changed we got a close up of the back of her head I wonder why tha- *SCREAM* WHAT THE FLIP IS THAT??!?!....... ;_; …….. Jump scare……..but we were reading? How? Why?*crying*.  Okay ;_; that was a good one they won’t get me like that again. What, your baby, okay I bet she is just as charmingly lovey as you. Nice one little girl :3 tell her to go that way ;D Problem solved. Wait whats thi- *SCREAM* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SHES SO FAST ;_;  *facepalme* why, did I watch this? *slams head against desk, over and over* why? *slam* WHY? *slam* why ;’( *slam, slam*. My head hurt for a couple of days :/. So yeah that was my opinion on the Bong Chong Bong Ghost.       

What I liked about it
   
    Because of the suspense it has the whole time you’re reading it you feel paranoid that something terrible is going to happen to that little girl.

    You just don’t really know when that freaky looking lady (the ghost) is going to turn around.  The animation did not look all that great but it almost made it even creepier.
I also enjoyed that there was this feeling inside me that was saying “RUN GIRL! IT’S A DEAD LADY!”.

    I have never and still don’t believe in the supernatural or ghosts. I just love finding out how other people see creepy things.

The information below is from:                                                                                                                              http ://knowyourmeme.com/memes/%EB%B4%89%EC%B2%9C%EB%8F%99-%EA%B7%80%EC%8B%A0bong-chong-dong-ghost  I have NO COPPYWRITES TO THERE WORK. The things that are below are exact quotes from THERE website.

 “About

봉천동 귀신 (Pongch’ŏn-dong Ghost, or Bong Chong Dong Ghost) is a popular Korean horror comic. The comic is claimed to be based on eyewitness accounts.

The Story

The story follows a young Korean schoolgirl coming home from school 11:20 p.m., when she comes across a ghost asking for her baby near an apartment complex. She tried trick her and run away, but it only enraged the ghost and caused it to fly towards her. The girl passed out and was later retrieved by some neighbors.

We later learn that it was the ghost of Mrs. Cho, who lost had custody of her two-year-old daughter and committed suicide.

From Wikipedia

Bongcheon-dong Ghost Story is considered by many to be one of the most horrifying online comics of all time. The story references the real-life 2002 suicide of “Mrs. Cho”, a woman who lived in the area. The reason behind her suicide was the loss of her child due to a divorce settlement. The comic tells of the mother’s demon who terrifies a young schoolgirl while looking for her daughter. It is well known for it’s two jump scare animations of the mother (the first is Mrs. Cho rotating her head 180°, the second is Mrs. Cho flying at the schoolgirl) and sounds of grinding bone.

Jump Scare Scroll

In addition to the overly scary story, the comic contains two cleverly-programmed jump scares. By scrolling, the reader triggers an automatic scroll-down, activating a frame-by-frame animation of Mrs. Cho. The first jump scare is Mrs. Cho’s head turning 180 degrees. The second one is when she attacks the schoolgirl.

There are ways to cheat it. For instance, if one starts from the bottom and scrolls up, there is a bug that will delay the jump scare. Another is if one quickly scrolls up and down, the jump scares will activate, but they will function in a quirky manner. There are still no real ways to completely avoid it; the comic cannot be read without activating the jump scares.

There is also a glitch that does not allow the person to use the right mouse button.

Internet Spread

Ever since PewDiePie made a video of him reading the story, the comic gained extra popularity. On YouTube, users started posting their reaction videos:”

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, that gave me quite a shock! Lovely adrenaline rush there, really quite marvelous, thank you. :) Goodness, what a thrill...

    I guess I prefer scaring to being scared, but I rather like a bit of both. I suppose I'm a bit of a cheater, though, since I saw the first jump scare prematurely and rewound to watch again. It doesn't really have as great an impact the second time :(, albeit quite an impact.

    Anyway, the haunted feeling in my bones is still there. I'd have to say that would be quite terrifying in real life (though I'd love to have it happen XD. Though I'd give the poor, broken lady a hug...). I think what really lends it its "fright inducing-ness" is the eerie feeling, the feeling that she's still out there and it might just happen to you (even if you know that can not be), because that feeling doesn't leave...

    ReplyDelete